A lawyer to Indigenous Folks of Biafra (IPOB), Ifeanyi Ejiofor, has acknowledged that the proscription of the controversial group “is a topic of attraction within the Courtroom of Enchantment”.
Ejiofor, who can be the lawyer to Nnamdi Kanu, the diaspora-based IPOB chief famous that the group he defends “have an utility for keep of execution”.
“It should curiosity you to know that the proscription of IPOB is a topic of attraction within the Courtroom of Enchantment,” Ejiofor stated based on Premium Instances.
“Now we have an utility for keep of execution (on the proscription order),” he stated.
Moreover. Ejiofor stated IPOB stays a lawful organisation till the case towards its proscription is in the end thrashed out on the Courtroom of Enchantment and the Supreme Courtroom.
“The IPOB members are always exercising their rights as supplied below the regulation, together with their proper to freedom of affiliation.”
– The group was based by Nnamdi Kanu in 2014.
– It was poscribed as a terrorist group by the Nigerian authorities in 2017.
– The group needs states in south-east Nigeria, made up primarily of individuals from the Igbo ethnic group, to interrupt away and kind the unbiased nation of Biafra.
– Kanu was arrested in 2015 in Nigeria and spent greater than a year-and-a-half in jail with out trial on treason expenses.
– Kanu, additionally a British citizen, jumped bail and fled Nigeria, his nation of beginning, in 2017.