- Israel battles Covid misinformation as vaccination drive slows
- Threat of international meals shortages as a result of Covid has elevated, says UN envoy
- Lack of Covid information could go away African international locations behind in vaccine rush
- Pakistan to permit non-public corporations to import coronavirus vaccines
- See all our coronavirus protection
Spain plans to approve a brand new assist package deal to assist firms hit by the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic by the top of March, Financial system Minister Nadia Calvino advised reporters in Brussels on Monday.
The package deal will take the shape of direct assist to viable firms which can be struggling financially because of the pandemic, Calvino mentioned.
Spain’s social service residences can breathe a bit simpler one yr after being besieged by the coronavirus pandemic. The mass vaccination of care residence [residents] – the primary precedence group of Spain’s vaccination drive – is starting to have an impact, with contagions falling.
In keeping with the Well being Ministry, final week 103 coronavirus outbreaks had been reported in such residences, which embody care properties for individuals with disabilities and senior residences. That is half the quantity recorded the earlier week.
India may approve Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine towards Covid-19 inside the subsequent few weeks, the RIA information company cited India’s ambassador to Moscow as saying on Monday.
Small human trials of the Russian vaccine have been ongoing in India, carried out by India’s Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd and supported by the Russian Direct Funding Fund (RDIF), Reuters experiences.